CONDITIONS OF THE CALL
- The call ¡n[s]urgênc!as is open to Latin American visual artists living in Berlin.
- 20 politically engaged artistic trajectories will be selected.
- You participate by sending a portfolio of projects * (from 3 to 5 representative projects) or a portfolio of works * (maximum 10 works) before August 15 to the email: email@example.com
- Thematic lines & approaches of special interest for the call are: #political-art, #activism, #civil-society, #protest, #resistance, #body, #borders, #territory, # landscape, #memory, #language, #freedom, # representation, # participation, #visibility, #voice, #transgression, #periphery, #gender, #subalternity, #postcolonial-critique, # decolonial-thinking, # critical-pedagogy, # education.
- Priority will be given to artists who have arrived in the city in the last 3 years (between 2014/2018).
- Participants must have availability to attend all meetings of the program. Please read carefully the program of the call and review the planned dates.
- The program of meetings with professionals is offered in Spanish. The participants must be able to defend their research lines in that language. * The final event of public presentation of projects will be in English. (We encourage all those artists who speak Portuguese to participate).
STEPS FOR SENDING THE APPLICATION
- Send your portfolio before August 15 to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The portfolio must not exceed 15 MB in size, in PDF format.
- Portfolio materials: please present a selection of 3 to 5 projects / or of 10 works maximum. Please include relevant information about the projects / series / works within the portfolio; Artist statement and narrated bio (if you have one), and the Curriculum at the end.
- Motivation letter: in a separate document, in PDF format.
Please answer freely to these questions:
1. How long have you lived in a different context from your country of origin? Since when do you reside in Berlin? * (Required) Please briefly describe your mobility / displacement situation.
2. How do you think you can benefit from the program ¡n[s]urgênc!as? What interests you most about the program?
3. What motivates you in the German artistic context? What growth prospects do you see within this scene with respect to your context of departure? And what difficulties do you find?
- Communication of the selected artists: Friday, August 21, 2018.
- Attendance confirmation: August 25, 2018. The program is awarded as a prize. Please confirm your attendance and commitment to all phases of the program. The actual cost of the program is € 10,000
Gestaltung: Laura d’Ors