Get in touch to collaborate, get involved, sponsor and/or participate in the activities of our platform.
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can read, listen & write in: English | Deutsch | Español | Portugues | Portuñol
Founder & artistic director: Paz Ponce
Associate curators & critics: Daniela Labra, Sebastián Eduardo, Paz Guevara
Associate artists: Manuela García Aldana, Andressa Cantergiani, Julia Mensch, Pêdra Costa, Gabriel Vallecillo Márquez.
Translator: Nele Bilo
Photo documentations: Bea Rodrigues (Brazil)
Web Design: Otavio Santiago (Brazil)
Currently we are in the process of becoming a non-for-profit culture association, engaging some of the curators & artists from previous editions of our platform public programs in the past 4 years.
The association will work through AG (Arbeitsgruppe | Working Groups) related to the different strands of research and activist positions led by the members of the platform in collaboration with other professionals, both Berlin-based and internationally.
The aims of the culture association are:
- to support the professional integration of newcomers in the German art context
- to improve the conditions of labor of foreign artists from the so-called ‘Global South’ locally
- to give visibility to the political topics raised by the community of migrant artists in a new context of reception
- to enrich the local art scene by sharing needed tools for culture criticism, decolonial perspectives, equality – representational ethics – agency politics – and distribution of privileges brought by the wide practical & personal experience of the members of our platform
- to provide a safe exchange platform to share information and opportunities for mobility among art professionals
- to make a solidarity bridge between culture workers who are seeking asylum, professional and/or personal support aid by the knowledge of Berlin-based culture professionals
¡n[s]urgênc!as has a place for its network meetings at the project space of neue Häute | Ana Conda am Ufer Café – Collective research space & café bar
The meetings of the network will be communicated through our website, facebook profile page and our newsletter. Sign up here and check our channels to be updated and learn more about how to participate in our network.
¡n[s]urgênc!as was initiated by Paz Ponce as a project organized and hosted by AGORA Collective e.V. – Center for Collaborative Practices in Berlin.
During its first two years, ¡n[s]urgênc!as platform was supported by the Berlin Senate for Culture & Europe under the funding pillar “Weltoffenes Berlin”. During 2018 under the modality of funding for networks, and in 2019 under the Fellowship format.
In 2020 we had a break due to the pandemia.
In 2021 ¡n[s]urgênc!as platform collaborated with Intervalo Fórum de Arte and Universidade Federal da Bahia in Brazil, and acted as a networking bridge and culture mapping program between established and emerging artists, curators and critics in both cities.
In 2022 ¡n[s]urgênc!as platform collaborates with neue häute e.V., a collective of artists and curators operating inside a new venue in Uferstudios, Ana Conda am Ufer Collective Research Space & Café-Bar. This organization is hosting one of the artists associated to insurgencias.net, Andressa Cantergiani, supported by a year long Weltoffenes Berlin Fellowship.
The Agora Collective – Mobile Center for Collaborative Practices – was originally founded in 2011 by a multidisciplinary team as an independent project space in Mittelweg, 50 Berlin. Since then, Agora expands its mission to be a place to conceive and experiment with models of working together; providing stable spaces for artists to engage within collaborative and community-based practices.
The Agora team is devoted to create cross-disciplinary models of cultural and educational production expressed in a diverse, inclusive program of artistic projects and events that deals with relevant questions of nowadays. Agora means now, in Portuguese, language of its Brazilian founders and also coincidentally, in Greek,
Agora is the place for encounters and exchange, the market-place.
Agora’s is co-directed by Caique Tizzi (BR), Sheena McGrandles (IR) & Paz Ponce (ES).